European Commission and United Nations:
Climate change is probably the main global threat we have to deal with today. The European Commission and the UN are joining their forces towards the common objective to mobilize public opinion against the threats of climate change and for a good and fair agreement at the climate conference in Copenhagen.
While the UN is calling on everyday people to sign the worldwide petition with its 'Seal the Deal' campaign, the European Commission launched a pan-European umbrella campaign 'Climate Action – Energy for a Changing World'. One of its most recent developments is an ambitious campaign targeted at young people in partnership with MTV.
Both organizations are promoting each other's efforts in communicating the issue and they are providing a wide array of information and products about this critical issue.
Browse the websites of various EU bodies, campaigns, projects and resources on environment and climate change.
Live from Copenhagen
- CoolPlanet2009 team visit COP15
- Melting ice sculptures symbolizing climate change
- Save Copenhagen: Real Deal Now!
- Earth hour today! Don’t forget!
- Exclusive meeting with Al Gore
- Magnus the Lucia bride from Commute Greener
- Earth is calling – Enjoy a COP15 meal
- Tutu demanding climate aid to developing countries
- ”What do we want? Climate justice!”
- Sunday 13: Desmond Tutu at the City Hall Square