What´s new on the climate negotiations for the COP 15 – the December 2009 Copenhagen Summit?
Governments set to seal ambitious international climate change deal in Copenhagen
Sunday, 06 December 2009 00:00
One day ahead of the historic UN Climate Change Conference in Copenhagen, the UN’s top climate change official expressed confidence that the meeting would deliver a comprehensive, ambitious and effective international climate change deal.
“Within two weeks from Monday, governments must give their adequate response to the urgent challenge of climate change,” said UNFCCC Executive Secretary Yvo de Boer. “Negotiators now have the clearest signal ever from world leaders to craft solid proposals to implement rapid action,” he added.
65 leaders to attend Copenhagen conference
Monday, 23 November 2009 08:46Sixty-five world leaders have said they will attend the Copenhagen climate conference in December, and several more have responded positively to invitations, Danish officials said Sunday.
But the world's top three carbon polluters — the United States, China and India — have not indicated whether their leaders will attend the meeting, and that could have a big impact on its chances of reaching a deal.
Still hope 4 weeks before Copenhagen
Tuesday, 10 November 2009 09:48
Addressing the media on the final day of the Barcelona talks, 6 November, Yvo de Boer said that progress had been made during the week and that he was confident that Copenhagen would deliver a strong deal, which must include the immediate implementation of key actions in developing
Eat for free in Copenhagen
Monday, 09 November 2009 09:07
During the Copenhagen Climate Change Conference, 10 civic restaurants from across Europe will feed the demonstrators and others visiting Copenhagen.
It is expected that between 10,000 and 15,000 protesters will come to Copenhagen in December. Therefore, the international network of activists, Climate Justice Action, is arranging very cheap or free food from outdoor civic restaurants.
- Barcelona: Africa puts pressure on rich countries
- Trains to Copenhagen getting ready for departure
- The difficult agenda at the climate summit
- Bangkok negotiations: Decisions on finance and mid-term targets remain outstanding
- UN Climate Negotiations Set to Follow the Pace of Bankok
- Bonn informal negotiations conclude: Negotiations Have Yet to Pick up Speed
- Informal climate negotiations to take place in Bonn
- 30,000 activists expected for climate conference
- Discussions on negotiating texts on pact to combat global warming kick off – UN
Page 1 of 5<< Start < Prev 1 2 3 4 5 Next > End >>
Live from Copenhagen
- CoolPlanet2009 team visit COP15
- Melting ice sculptures symbolizing climate change
- Save Copenhagen: Real Deal Now!
- Earth hour today! Don’t forget!
- Exclusive meeting with Al Gore
- Magnus the Lucia bride from Commute Greener
- Earth is calling – Enjoy a COP15 meal
- Tutu demanding climate aid to developing countries
- ”What do we want? Climate justice!”
- Sunday 13: Desmond Tutu at the City Hall Square