Eat for free in Copenhagen
Monday, 09 November 2009 09:07
During the Copenhagen Climate Change Conference, 10 civic restaurants from across Europe will feed the demonstrators and others visiting Copenhagen.
It is expected that between 10,000 and 15,000 protesters will come to Copenhagen in December. Therefore, the international network of activists, Climate Justice Action, is arranging very cheap or free food from outdoor civic restaurants.
“When civic restaurants come and provide free food, it can help secure public participation,” says Anna Kollerup Nystrup, spokesperson from the logistics group at Climate Justice Action, and adds that everybody should be able to afford to participate and express their opinion.
The two largest kitchens will be placed at KlimaForum09 at Onkel Dannys Plads on Vesterbro and in front of Folkets Hus on Nørrebro. It has not yet been decided where the rest of the kitchens are to be placed.
All of the civic restaurants come from outside Denmark and have the experience of serving large amounts of food at events like the one in Copenhagen.
All are welcome
“Eating at the civic restaurants will be free, but we encourage everybody who can afford it to pay 2-3 euro per meal. And of course everybody is very welcome to stop by and see what is going on and eat some vegan, ecological food with the rest of us,” says Anna Kollerup Nystrup.
The ingredients will be climate friendly vegetables and the first kitchen will open on 7 December.
Source: Politiken, Denmark
Live from Copenhagen
- CoolPlanet2009 team visit COP15
- Melting ice sculptures symbolizing climate change
- Save Copenhagen: Real Deal Now!
- Earth hour today! Don’t forget!
- Exclusive meeting with Al Gore
- Magnus the Lucia bride from Commute Greener
- Earth is calling – Enjoy a COP15 meal
- Tutu demanding climate aid to developing countries
- ”What do we want? Climate justice!”
- Sunday 13: Desmond Tutu at the City Hall Square