BugPlug – Kamil Jerzykowski
Friday, 27 March 2009 00:00Perfect for a kid’s room or a nursery, the BugPlug is a small energy-saving creature that seeks out power-draining devices and shuts them off at the source. Simply attach it to an appliance (or a whole set of electric devices through power strip), and an infrared sensor will search for human presence by looking for body heat and motion. If none is detected, the Bugplug will turn off the unused devices. Conceived by Polish designer Kamil Jerzykowski, the kid-friendly energy saver is one of fifty finalists in the 2nd annual Greener Gadgets Design Competition.
The BugPlug excels as a quirky example of energy-saving design that is perfect for households with kids, who are infamous for switching activities without finishing them first. The power-monitoring gizmo features an adjustable timer that will cut off power after 0-6 (or possibly up to 30) minutes of a motionless room
Everyone can make a difference – Cool message from Connie Hedegaard
It is our responsibility –
Cool message from Margot Wallström
Politicians have not yet put the relevant policies in place - Cool message from Yvo de Boer
Live from Copenhagen
- CoolPlanet2009 team visit COP15
- Melting ice sculptures symbolizing climate change
- Save Copenhagen: Real Deal Now!
- Earth hour today! Don’t forget!
- Exclusive meeting with Al Gore
- Magnus the Lucia bride from Commute Greener
- Earth is calling – Enjoy a COP15 meal
- Tutu demanding climate aid to developing countries
- ”What do we want? Climate justice!”
- Sunday 13: Desmond Tutu at the City Hall Square