Takeup - Henk Kowalski (Germany)
Friday, 28 August 2009 00:00
Outdated computers are a serious thread to the environment. Yearly, thousands of old PCs get thrown away and recycling is still a problem due to toxic materials. Takeup tries to make a step in the right direction by re-thinking the common PC case.
The idea is a basic frame made from aluminium sheet sections, making the concept adjustable to various sizes. The design of the section allows for the replacement of common metal housings by sheets of textile material.
Further, the usage of sole materials will allow for easier recycling and better satisfaction of user needs, hopefully resulting in more PC cases re-used rather than thrown away.
Finally imagine grandma knitting you a neat new housing as a present for your birthday!
Everyone can make a difference – Cool message from Connie Hedegaard
It is our responsibility –
Cool message from Margot Wallström
Politicians have not yet put the relevant policies in place - Cool message from Yvo de Boer
Live from Copenhagen
- CoolPlanet2009 team visit COP15
- Melting ice sculptures symbolizing climate change
- Save Copenhagen: Real Deal Now!
- Earth hour today! Don’t forget!
- Exclusive meeting with Al Gore
- Magnus the Lucia bride from Commute Greener
- Earth is calling – Enjoy a COP15 meal
- Tutu demanding climate aid to developing countries
- ”What do we want? Climate justice!”
- Sunday 13: Desmond Tutu at the City Hall Square