Ecube (United Kingdom)
Friday, 09 October 2009 00:00
Refrigeration is one of the world’s great energy wasters. The eCube, a new comer on the green gadget scene, promises to drastically cut energy consumption from industrial refrigeration.
Fridges work harder than necessary because their thermostats react to air temperature rather than food temperature, which rise much more slowly. The eCube solves this by latching on to the thermostat and making it real food temperature only. This may not seem like much, but eCube’s producers say it has been proven to reduce energy consumption by up to 33 per cent.
Everyone can make a difference – Cool message from Connie Hedegaard
It is our responsibility –
Cool message from Margot Wallström
Politicians have not yet put the relevant policies in place - Cool message from Yvo de Boer
Live from Copenhagen
- CoolPlanet2009 team visit COP15
- Melting ice sculptures symbolizing climate change
- Save Copenhagen: Real Deal Now!
- Earth hour today! Don’t forget!
- Exclusive meeting with Al Gore
- Magnus the Lucia bride from Commute Greener
- Earth is calling – Enjoy a COP15 meal
- Tutu demanding climate aid to developing countries
- ”What do we want? Climate justice!”
- Sunday 13: Desmond Tutu at the City Hall Square