How to get there
Friday, 09 October 2009 07:46
There are many different ways in which you can get to Copenhagen in an environmentally friendly way. Therefore, we have collected a list of transportation means that will affect the environment the least.
www.routerank.com is a website that compares different transportation means by the amount of CO2 they emit. RouteRank allows you to make an informed, carbon conscious decision for specific journeys and travel routes. If you are e.g. travelling from Brussels to Copenhagen, you can see that by taking the train you will emit 47 kg. CO2, by taking the plain you will emit up to 170 kg. CO2, and by driving your car you will emit 233 kg. CO2.
Calculate the environmental impact of your journey: http://www.ecopassenger.eu/?Z=Copenhagen.
Check with your local train or bus station and find transportation to Copenhagen, or check out Eurolines or RailEurope.
Live from Copenhagen
- CoolPlanet2009 team visit COP15
- Melting ice sculptures symbolizing climate change
- Save Copenhagen: Real Deal Now!
- Earth hour today! Don’t forget!
- Exclusive meeting with Al Gore
- Magnus the Lucia bride from Commute Greener
- Earth is calling – Enjoy a COP15 meal
- Tutu demanding climate aid to developing countries
- ”What do we want? Climate justice!”
- Sunday 13: Desmond Tutu at the City Hall Square