'Beds are Burning' brings celebrities together in support of TckTckTck and climate justice
Thursday, 15 October 2009 08:30
TckTckTck is a global alliance of civil society organizations, trade unions, faith groups and people—all calling for an fair, ambitious, and binding climate change agreement. The campaign song is a re-mix of the mega-hit "Beds are Burning" re-written by Midnight Oil themselves to reflect the greatest humanitarian crisis facing humankind today - climate change.
The song has been supported by over 60 international music stars and celebrities including Duran Duran, Mark Ronson, Jamie Cullum, Melanie Laurent, Marion Cotillard, Milla Jovovich, Fergie, Lily Allen, Manu Katche, Bob Geldof, Youssou N’Dour, Yannick Noah and many more.
The song was driven by one of the co-founders of the TckTckTck campaign, former UN Secretary General Kofi Annan's new organization, the Global Humanitarian Forum, and their partners global advertising giant Havas Worldwide and their film production arm, The:Hours.
Listen to the song.
Live from Copenhagen
- CoolPlanet2009 team visit COP15
- Melting ice sculptures symbolizing climate change
- Save Copenhagen: Real Deal Now!
- Earth hour today! Don’t forget!
- Exclusive meeting with Al Gore
- Magnus the Lucia bride from Commute Greener
- Earth is calling – Enjoy a COP15 meal
- Tutu demanding climate aid to developing countries
- ”What do we want? Climate justice!”
- Sunday 13: Desmond Tutu at the City Hall Square