Seal the Deal campaign
Thursday, 02 July 2009 13:02
Seal the Deal! is a powerful campaign by the United Nations to encourage governments to agree to a fair, balanced and effective climate agreement when they meet in Copenhagen this December.Seal the Deal! is about mobilizing individuals and communities on an ambitious scale to raise a strong call for urgent and united action on climate change. It's about YOU and your future, and the world we leave for our children.
The latest science shows our climate is changing more rapidly than expected. Millions of people are already suffering from the effects of climate change. Hundreds of millions more - including YOU - could be affected if we don't act immediately.
While leadership at the highest level is needed to protect the planet and build a more sustainable global economy, concerted action by ALL is what will make the real difference. Every voice counts!
What you can do:
- Sign the Climate Petition now at www.sealthedeal2009.org
- Use our online tools to create your own Seal the Deal t-shirt or badge. Send us a photo of your product and we will feature it in our photo gallery.
- Visit an event where you can dip a People’s Seal in ink and stamp the global petition. All collected signatures will be taken to the climate summit in Copenhagen in December. See photos in Seal the Deal photo gallery.
Live from Copenhagen
- CoolPlanet2009 team visit COP15
- Melting ice sculptures symbolizing climate change
- Save Copenhagen: Real Deal Now!
- Earth hour today! Don’t forget!
- Exclusive meeting with Al Gore
- Magnus the Lucia bride from Commute Greener
- Earth is calling – Enjoy a COP15 meal
- Tutu demanding climate aid to developing countries
- ”What do we want? Climate justice!”
- Sunday 13: Desmond Tutu at the City Hall Square